Tips To Making Your Eyes Look Bigger With Makeup
Table of Contents
When it comes to beauty trends, a bigger and brighter appearance of your eyes will never go out of fashion. The affection for a larger set of eyes runs deep, especially if it’s a feature you don’t possess. Fortunately, the right eye makeup products used accurately can transform that.
Start with your brows; a well-defined pair of brows is vital for accentuating your eyes and creating a face’s balance. Then use a concealer to cover up under eyes dark circles, as dark circles can make your eyes appear smaller.
The eye pencil is key to making your eyes look bigger; use a black eyeliner or eyeshadow on your upper lash line and white or nude eye pencil on your lower lash line. Apply a highlighter on the internal corners of your eyes for a more illuminated appearance.
Another tactic you can try to make your eyes look bigger is extending your eyeliner beyond your eyes’ outer corner. It will assist in creating the illusion of bigger eyes.
Always curl your lashes with the help of a lash curler and then add three to four coats of your favorite mascara generously on each lash to create that thicker, fuller, and doll-like eyes shape.
Last but not least, false eyelashes can instantly make your eyes look more comprehensive and more prominent.
Below we’ve elaborated on each step giving details on how to perfect it and why they are essential steps.
Tip 1. Define your Eyebrows
Keep in mind the intensity of a solid brow shape; they’re the coat hangers of your face. Shape them professionally, and try the celebrity’s trick of brushing them up to open up your eyes.
Bold, thick, and beautiful brows make all the difference and bring attention to the eyes. A well-defined pair of brows is essential for accentuating your eyes and creating a balance of the face.
By following your eyes’ natural shape, elongate the tail of brows towards the ears, instead of bringing the tale downwards. It will assist in making your eyes look bigger and lift the brows for a more youthful appearance.
Tip 2. Conceal your under-eye circles
Concealer is a cosmetics basic for a good reason. Color corrects your imperfections and under-eye dark circles with an illuminating concealer. Bright eyes make your eyes look more wakeful; however, they also help open up your eyes.
By hiding your dark spots with a color corrector or concealer, you will be able to enhance your eyes’ shape and make your eyeshadow stand out.
Ensure you use a concealer a shade slightly lighter than your foundation to lift and enhance your eyes. Use concealer on your eyes’ darker areas, such as under-eye circles, inner and outer eyes corners. By adding brightness to these areas, you bring the eyes forward and emphasize their size.
Tip 3. Contour your crease with a soft color
Follow the rule of contouring and use neutral and light colors to define the crease. Contouring the crease helps make the illusion of deeper set eyes, which makes them look bigger. The eyeshadow can be a matte finish or shimmery; it doesn’t matter as long as it is light in color.
Apply light shades on the area that you want the light to reflect and darker shades on the places you want to push back. Apply a light brown shade in the crease for a soft and natural look. Slowly build up the shade with a soft fluffy makeup brush for a no-makeup look.
Tip 4. Embrace the trend of tightening the upper waterline
If no makeup trend can complement your makeup for small eyes, tight lining quickly makes a lot of difference. This technique is regarding the lining of your upper lash line, applying black eyeliner to line the upper waterline.
Black eyeliner gives the appearance of thicker, fuller, and more defined lashes. It allows you to look like you’re not wearing any eyeliner at all. If you have been paying attention, giving your eyelashes an excellent lift is a perfect way to enhance your eyes’ shape.
Tip 5. Wing/Extend your eyeliner
Another trick you can try is extending your eyeliner beyond your eyes’ outer corner to make your eyes look bigger and mimicking a wider gaze.
Winged eyeliner can also help to create the illusion of bigger eyes. It’s efficient to deter heavy eyeliner on your upper lash line, as this can make it look smaller. Instead, draw a thin line above your eyelashes, tapering the eyeliner out from the last third of your lashes to generate a subtle flick.
While applying eyeliner to making your eyes look bigger, focus on the quarter outer edges of your eyes. Start with your upper lash line and repeat the process on the lower lash line. Then connect the two lines by slightly overdrawing and smudging it with your fingertip.
For this technique, use pencil eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner will lend itself more readily to making mistakes, especially if you try this for the first time.
Tip 6. Always curl your lashes
Curling your lashes might be your most significant step to making your eyes look bigger and open. Curling your lashes helps to fan them out for a more awake and wider appearance.
Open your lash curler, place it right on top, and fix it right in the eye socket. When you think you have all of your lashes in, press down gently, making sure you’re not pinching any skin.
Try to get your curler as close to the root of your lashes as you can, and do a few little squeezes.
Tip 7. Use mascara generously
No eye makeup look is complete without using mascara. Mascara is the magic wand for makeup; a good mascara can make your eyes look bigger, open, and thicker in no time. Start using a lash primer to give your eyes extra volume, length, and drama.
Use your favorite mascara on the outer corner of your eyelashes because that’s where you need most of the color deposited. Focus on each lash, sweep the applicator across the bottom lashes, pulling them from the root-down, try using three to four coats on the outer corners of the eye to create that fuller, wider, and doll-like shape of your eyelashes.
Tip 8. Try false eyelashes
False eyelashes can quickly take your game to the next level. Wearing false eyelashes is one of the easiest and fastest ways to give your eyes a lift. These can instantly make your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more prominent.
Sporting a flirty and lifted fringe is critical for making your eyes look bigger and the center of attention. It’s essential to find the correct style that complements your eye shape; you could opt for a curly pair of lashes that open the eye upwards, making them look bigger and rounder. If you find every set of eyelashes too big, you can trim the lash strip down to size.
Visit our products page and find the perfect pair of fake eyelashes for yourself.
Tip 9. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes
The highlighter doesn’t just give light and life to your cheekbones; it’s one of the best tricks for opening up your eyes too.
Usage of highlighter or a shimmery light eyeshadow on the brow bone, in the internal corners of your eyes to open them up, and in the center of the lid. Adding a little extra to your eye makeup looks and helps you make your eyes look bigger, brighter, and more awake.
Tip 10. Don’t forget your lower lash line
One of the easiest tricks to make your eyes look bigger is lining your lower waterline with a nude eyeliner or a white pencil eyeliner for a dramatic transformation. You can use a beige liner for a more natural look, and it has the same effect.
Applying mascara to your lower lashes will also open up the eyes. For a softer look, you can use brown or colored mascara. Applying a little eyeliner to your lower lash line’s outer area will also help to elongate your eyes. Please stick to the outer third of your lower lash line; furthermore, utilize a delicate brown eyeshadow to smoke it out, which will allow the eye to look wider; harsh lines can make the eyes look smaller.
Try a nude eyeliner pencil instead of white on your lower lash line; that might be the most flattering one to use.
Tip 11. Keep your eyes neutral
When it comes to generating the illusion of bigger eyes with makeup, lighter, more neutral shades will be the best options.
Tip 12. Know the 3/4 rule
On the chance that you require to make your eyes look larger and more open, take a stab at coating just the external three-fourths of your lash line. Which can help draw notice to the broader outer corners of your eyes.
Sometimes when you draw one thin line across your upper lash line, it can make your eyes look smaller in the same way that is lining them all the way around.
Tips for making aging/mature eyes look bigger with makeup?
Eyes tend to appear smaller as we age, which is where the right eye makeup comes in. Aging doesn’t necessarily mean wrinkles under-eye bags, puffy eyes, and dark circles all contribute to making your eyes look older. Fortunately, the right eye makeup products used accurately can instantly create the illusion of more significant and more youthful-looking eyes.
Here are some easy and affordable tips and tricks you can do to help turn the clock of your eyes.
- Cleanse your eyes carefully; use micellar water or a cleanser that’s easy on the eyes.
- Eye masks are a great quick fix; wear a soothe and cool eye mask, instantly minimizing the eye bags.
- Apply eye cream properly in the right place. Whatever eye cream you use, apply it correctly. Apply a pea-sized amount to both eyes using your ring fingertips.
- Make a defined arch in your brows to help open up the area around your eyes. Thick eyebrows are flattering to every shape of the face and give you a fresh and youthful appearance.
- Don’t forget to prime your lids and under-eye area. As we age, our eyes become more crêpey and sometimes puffy, so makeup doesn’t stay as well. Priming your eyelids helps in preventing that.
- Don’t wear glitter and sparkle, instead go for an age-appropriate shimmer. The shimmer gives your eyes that youthful glow.
- Consider using eyeliner, but the key to beautiful eyeliner is smudging the liner to lighten the look and make it more natural.
- Apply your favorite mascara generously to make your eyes look bigger and wider. But don’t wear mascara on your lower lashes; it can make your eyes look droopy, older and draw attention to dark circles.
- Always wear sunglasses and SPF. A daily SPF will help you avoid wrinkles while sunglasses stop you from squinting, which is how many of us develop lines across the eye areas.
Best Eye Makeup products that can make your eyes look bigger.
- Apply Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Eye cream to diminish fine lines and dark circles. It also keeps your eyes plump for a youthful, dewy finish.
- Maybelline instant age rewind concealer is the best liquid concealer to cover age spots, dark circles, and fine lines instantly create a radiant and fresh-looking eye area. This shape gives the eyes area an uplifted and illuminated appearance.
- Wet n wild Highlighter is the best choice to make your eyes look brighter and larger instantly. Just dab a little on the internal corners of your eyes.
- L’Oreal Paris Pro-last waterproof, up to 24HR Pencil Eyeliner in the nude is a surefire way to instantly give your small eyes a brighter, more significant, natural, and more awake look.
- Apply a lengthening formula like L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Feline Mascara along the upper and lower lashes to create wide doe eyes. Add swipe near the center of the upper lash line to draw the eyes upward.
- Urban Decay’s Naked Palette contains neutral and light colors. Best to define and contour your crease that can help in creating the illusion of deeper set eyes.
- Don’t overline your eyes with dark eyeliner; use a liquid eyeliner with a precise tip, like the L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Liquid eyeliner. Draw a simple thin line on either your upper or lower lash line.
- The Covergirl Makeup Masters Eyelash Curler is the precursor to lovely lashes. It gives them an upward curl, which opens up the eyes instantly.
Eye Makeup Mistakes to avoid: Especially when you’re trying to make your eyes look bigger
- Don’t forget a lash primer; apply lash primer before using mascara to give your eyes extra volume, length, and drama.
- Don’t apply black kajal or kohl to making your eyes look bigger, as the dark black kajal makes your eyes look smaller and boxed.
- Don’t overload on the eyeliner. Draw a simple thin line using a liquid eyeliner with a precise tip on either your upper or lower lash line.
- Avoid dark colors like grey and black; however, choose a soft brown eyeshadow for the crease.
- Don’t use dark shades below your lower lashes because this can shrink the appearance of your eyes. Instead, apply soft brown, taupe, navy, or eggplant liner, making the eyes appear larger.
- Say no to irritated or red-eyes; use eye drops. Redness can make your eyes look smaller.
- Don’t apply mascara on inner lashes, but concentrate the formula on the outer two-thirds of your eyelashes to avoid making your eyes look smaller or closed off.
- Dispose the puffiness and water retention around your eyes, use eye masks, and gently massage the affected areas. The swollen skin around the eyes can make them look smaller.
- Don’t skip the cleansing stage at the end of the day. On a long term basis, this will blemish your gaze and damage your eyes.
We are not all created with the perfect bigger eyes, but adding some makeup to the equation helps achieve the goal. You don’t need to spend hours to achieve the desired look or shape of your eyes. Use your regular makeup products and avoid the mistakes you are probably making with your eye makeup.
So from now on, you can’t make any excuse. We have all the tips and tricks needed to help you make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Leave behind all those unforgivable makeup blunders and head up to the information above to learn something useful.