Cruelty-Free Makeup Brushes
Table of Contents
Makeup trends are evolving following social media influence to the point of phasing out makeup brushes with sponges. And no contest, a makeup sponge will blend your foundation and concealer perfectly. However, nothing can take the place of a good quality makeup brush, especially when it comes to contouring, creating a smokey eye, or getting a blurred lip. And no, a good makeup brush doesn’t have to be pricy or fancy. Today some brands give cruelty-free makeup brushes that get the job done. And it gets even better; the makeup brush at Farishta Beauty is not only cruelty-free but also double-ended; how cool is that? Before revealing this fantastic brush, let me tell you why you need to choose cruelty-free brushes.
Cruelty-free makeup brushes are made from high-quality synthetic fibers specially picked to produce the best makeup brush. You make synthetic brushes out of Taklon, nylon, and polyester. The materials are not as soft as animal fur, but they work just as effectively, if not better.
What is the difference between cruelty-free makeup brushes and animal-made makeup brushes?
- Cruelty-free makeup brushes are made of artificial, synthetic bristles that closely resemble natural hair. You extract animal-made makeup brushes from animal fur such as horse, sable, goats, and squirrel give animal fur that makes makeup brushes.
- The animal-made makeup brushes are soft. So soft that it may be difficult to apply and blend your foundation. Liquid foundations would be hard to apply using these brushes; they smear rather than blending it in. Cruelty-free makeup brushes are not as soft and can hold and blend foundation or concealer well.
- Cruelty-free makeup brushes hold together better as compared to animal-made brushes. Animal-made brushes lose their shape after a few uses and washes.
- The animal-made brushes have cuticles that trap oil from makeup products, while cruelty-free brushes don’t have cuticles. These animal-made brushes tend to hold more build-up, which can encourage bacteria growth on the brushes. Meaning that they may introduce bacteria to the skin, causing breakouts and clogged pores. This also makes animal-made brushes high maintenance because you have to clean them frequently.
How are cruelty-free makeup brushes made, and why are they necessary?
Cruelty-free makeup brushes, as stated above, are made from synthetic fibers specially set aside for makeup brushes. The texture, size, and shape of bristles on a makeup brush is uniform in both form and feeling. Having this uniformity will help in the uniformity of your makeup product.
Their natural colors are generally white or colorless; thus, they are dyed to any color but commonly brown or black. The dyes are suitable for the skin as they have undergone thorough tests.
The importance of cruelty-free makeup brushes cannot be understated. The mere fact that they don’t require animal engagement means that no animal faces cruelty. As a user, you feel good about preserving the ecosystem. Cruelty-free makeup brushes don’t have allergens that trigger allergies and are therefore suitable for sensitive skin people. Additionally, if you are a vegan, then using cruelty-free makeup brushes helps you choose the vegan lifestyle because there is no use of animal fur.
We recently launched a brush that is made cruelty-free. Have a look.
Why Choose Cruelty-free Makeup Brushes?
Cruelty-free makeup brushes are not only good for you but also good for your skin. Below are some of the reasons why you should choose them over animal-made makeup brushes.
- They are less likely to trigger an allergic reaction. We’ve blamed makeup products for some of the skin issues we face. However, some would be due to the tools we use to apply makeup. Some people are allergic to animal fur, and using specific brushes will trigger reactions causing acne and breakouts. Thus, before blaming your skincare or makeup products, take a closer look at the brush you are using.
- They are easy to clean. Synthetic brushes do not have the natural cuticles that animal fur brushes contain. Therefore, these brushes don’t trap dust, bacteria, and other particles. They don’t need special attention to get them clean, making them manageable. Bacteria can lead to breakouts, and if you are not careful with your natural brushes, you may never know what flawless skin feels like. Synthetic brushes also dry fast, meaning you can wash them as frequently as needed without worrying about not having a makeup brush to use later.
- They are quality. Cruelty-free synthetic brushes are quality because they are specially picked to make makeup brushes. Therefore, their texture and size are the same. However, when dealing with animal fur, it is difficult to get the same texture, size and altering these things is impossible. Additionally, natural brushes are usually soft, making them challenging to use. Cruelty-free brushes are easy to adjust to suitable texture depending on the use. Also, some brushes are infused with antioxidants and peptides, which will have additional benefits to your skin.
- Long-lasting. Cruelty-free synthetic brushes are long-lasting; leave alone the synthetic brushes that have strands falling off every second. Thanks to the continuous improvement in the manufacturing of makeup brushes, you will find brushes that stay intact longer.
- They are affordable. The materials that make cruelty-free makeup brushes are readily available, making them affordable. Remember that expensive doesn’t always mean quality. And in this case, you will find synthetic brushes that are better in quality than natural brushes. The animal fur making natural makeup brushes has to be cleaned and treated to make them suitable for use, costly and time-consuming.
- They hold makeup products better. Synthetic fiber brushes don’t suck because they are not as porous as natural brushes. Therefore, you will not apply too much foundation unintentionally. Additionally, it doesn’t allow build-up on your brushes, leading to bacteria growth, which can cause significant harm to your skin.
- They don’t involve animal suffering. We all want a better ecosystem where we coexist with other animals peacefully. Buying cruelty-free makeup brushes help you join the fight without demonstrating on the streets. Additionally, companies will realize and shift to producing cruelty-free brushes when more people move towards them. This will create a ripple effect of less use of animal fur, thus saving the planet.
Why You Choose Double Ended Makeup Brushes?
Double-ended makeup brushes are used for different applications, making them suitable for everyday use. Below are some of the reasons why you should consider getting one.
- It can be used for multiple applications. Imagine turning one brush back and forth when doing your makeup. Isn’t it mind-blowing? Every makeup lover’s dream is when there will be no need for numerous brushes in a pouch for each makeup step. A double-ended brush offers you the flexibility of applying different makeup products simultaneously using one brush. All you do is flip it and go about your business without worrying about product mixing and smudging on each other.
- It is travel-friendly. As stated above, you will not need a massive pouch with ten brushes for every application stage. With a double-sided brush, all you need is an empty side pocket in your bag, and you are good to go. It also makes it possible to do your makeup on the go because all you need is one brush, and you can hop from one event to the other and wear a different look while at it.
- It saves space on your makeup table. Nobody likes makeup brushes lying all over your makeup table because they won’t fit in their holder. With the double-ended makeup brushes, you only need a few to get the job done without your makeup table looking like a train wreck.
- It offers an affordable alternative. All you need is one or two makeup brushes, depending on how much makeup you put on, unlike the one-sided brushes where you have to get separate brushes for each of your makeup products.
- Easy to maintain. Fewer makeup brushes mean that you have more occasional makeup brushes to clean. Cleaning one brush is technically equal to cleaning two; need I say more?
The cruelty-free makeup brushes that are also double-ended are unmatched. They offer the best of both worlds. You get quality, user-friendly, skin-friendly, and you don’t even have to break the bank. They are game-changers in the makeup world. If you would like a brush with all these qualities and more, have a look at our product page here and grab yours today.